1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Baxley says the quote was taken out of context and blames the media in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

2. Baron Scicluna

Republicans have abortions too.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good point. But once they're born republicans want them to fend for themselves.

heyabbott likes this.
  4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Even with less money in their pocket and worse healthcare

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Lefties prattling on about poor benighted red-staters who don’t know what’s good for them ... is Demsplaining a thing, and if not can I get credit for it?

YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Since this appears to be the Sweeping Generalizations thread, Dems want everyone else to fend for them after birth.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Concerned Chuck Todd is a really pathetic version of Chuck Todd.

doctorquant likes this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Alt-right not content with only disenfranchising blacks, Hispanics, Jews and other minorities. Even white women are in their sights.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Here's the senator's apology statement in full:

"I apologize if my comments yesterday did not properly convey the deep respect I have for elder members of our communities and the concern I share regarding the preventable tragedy that occurred in Hollywood. As a funeral director and ordained elder of my church, I have spent my entire adult life working with families who are grieving the loss of a loved one. In addition to my faith, working in this field has shown me day in and day out that the life of each and every member of our society is special and worthy of respect. Many of the funeral services we coordinate involve elder members of our community, and I take great pride in the opportunity to ensure their lives are honored and celebrated. No family member should have to fear that their loved one is suffering in a nursing home, particularly during a natural disaster. I look forward to working with my colleagues to ensure the Legislature takes the appropriate steps to safeguard our seniors from the horrific and inexcusable situation that occurred in Hollywood.”

See that? The senator has "deep respect for the elderly" and knew all along that this was a "preventable tragedy" and a "horrific and inexcusable situation." It's just that his words didn't convey those heart-felt sentiments -- or rather, if they didn't, he's sorry. Glad that's cleared up.

Investigations and apologies over nursing home deaths

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Prattling on" is a loaded phrase, of course, but it does beat the righty wingnuts who keep vomiting horseshit. :cool:

11. Baron Scicluna

Fair enough.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll give him credit for the apology. These days I expect a double down.

franticscribe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.