1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well get your ass over to "Anything Goes" and get on it ... I am, thankfully, out of that game (and hope to stay out of it), but I don't mind experiencing it vicariously.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Person 1: The moon landing was not a hoax.

Person 2: Hoaxes are bullshit. People shouldn't promulgate hoaxes.

Person 1: That's not really responsive to my position.

Person 2: Why should I have to stick to the parameters you set and accept your premise?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    outofplace likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Along those lines, when we had our annual office cleanup day in the spring, one of my coworkers - female, as nearly all of them are - wore a T-shirt from her alma mater and took pains to point it out. It said something like, "We take great pride in the graduates we produce through the curriculum and graduation requirements at COLLEGE." I'm sure I'm getting the words wrong, but the point is that it was a lengthy sentence in small-ish type right across her chest. I may even be underplaying how long it was. So she came to my cubicle and pointed out her shirt to me, and when she left, I asked my friend in the next cube, "The point of that shirt is that I had to stare at her chest for a while to read it, right?"

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That made me laugh aloud. Thanks.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I worked at a university for a few months in 2015, in an office with quite a few just-out-of-college millennials as well as many work-study employees who were obviously still in college. One day they were giving out pedometers for some fitness challenge. My 25-year-old co-worker clipped the thing to her shirt, next to the cleavage, and then kept calling us two older men to look at how many steps she had taken. It was awkward, but it was definitely on her initiative.

Anyway, it lasted until our 40-year-old female co-worker told her to move that thing. To the 40-year-old, that could have been construed as a harassing atmosphere, right?

6. doctorquant

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

How many times did Pence ask out "mother" before she relented?

8. LongTimeListener

I checked the 40-year-old's FB feed. No "me too." Yet.

But I'm not taking the blame for that one.

9. doctorquant

But you're stalking her now. She's got two on you!

exmediahack and LongTimeListener like this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You creepy old bastard. (I'm assuming you're male.)

11. LongTimeListener

We're friends! I can check her feed! (I think. I don't work there anymore and neither does she.)

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You make a good point. A woman I work with was helping us move long thin boxes to set up an exhibit and she was holding the box across her arms and the box was resting on her rather large chest. And in full ear of everyone -- like 15 people -- she goes, "This is easy. I can just rest it on my boobs" and started giggling. She's relatively young (like in her mid to late 20s) and probably didn't realize the gravity of what she said. It was really awkward and everyone just tried to act like she hadn't said that. No one said anything. Replace the girl with a guy in this instance, and instead of saying "boobs" the guy says "cock" or "penis." I think everyone would qualify that as sexual harassment. Does what she did qualify? I can tell ya that it definitely made both men and women uncomfortable.

Draft saved Draft deleted