1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Question for YF and any of the other Trump supporters on here on Tom Marino. Is your take that:

A. Trump and his team failed to do their due diligence (simple incompetence, no explanation needed)
    2. Trump and his team knew exactly who they were nominating (which is something more, and I'm curious about possible explanations)
    C. Door number 3?

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Did Trump say that Obama didn't always call or did he say that he and others didn't call? Also, has Trump called every family that lost a loved one during conflicts?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is Kelly the source? If so, any reporter who let him go off the record is a blithering idiot. That's wildly irresponsible. If Kelly's not the source, he ought to be looking to strangle whoever was.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or Trump skipped over the part where Kelly told him he sat at the FLOTUS' table at a Gold Star event.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. Within the span of a few minutes, he said Obama and and the "other presidents" didn't make calls at all, then that a lot of them didn't make calls but he did when it was appropriate, then that he was told Obama didn't make the calls and other presidents wrote letters, and then that maybe Obama did and maybe he didn't, but you'd have to ask someone else who knew for sure.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it odd that I somehow hope that the claim about Kelly's son is true? I do find it hard to believe though since Kelly was the highest ranking military leader to lose a kid in Iraq/Afghanistan at the time. But if it is a lie put out (I assume without Kelly's ok) by the WH, I could see Kelly bailing. And maybe that was the point by the leaker.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A draft dodger is using a KIA (who is the son of his Chief of Staff) to justify one of his rambling lies is a bigger insult to America than folks kneeling during the anthem.

garrow, bigpern23, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don’t see Rick’s poll anywhere. I think it’s the same poll and he’s mischaracterized it.

And I don’t even think they said they “want” such a strike, just that they would “support” it. I would guess Republicans would think it likely that the hypothetical strike would be justified.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

BEIETBART POLL: If a nuclear strike on Portland, Ore. was considered justified by President Trump, would you support i?

A. Yes.
    B. YES!
    C. No, do Berkeley first
    D. Can the whites be given early evacuation hints?
    E. Where is Oregon?

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I thought the 46 percent number, considering the way the question was framed to stimulate maximum rationalization, was much lower than I would expect.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The winner by write-in is "Are Jews even people? I'm not saying I'm just raising questions."

Double Down likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder who the official that confirmed it to NBC might have been.

Hmm. Is there a current WH official that would know for sure, that NBC could have relied on.

Anybody? Anybody at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.