1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That poor Trump can't catch a break.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Johnson’s widow isn’t quoted at all in that article. Her confirmation of Wilson’s account comes from Wilson.

Johnson’s mother doesn’t tell us what Trump said that was so offensive.

So, it basically boils down to this:

Wilson: You won’t believe what Trump said.

Q: What did he say?

Wilson: Somerhing to the effect that...

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I have zero doubt Trump said what he's being accused of saying.

Did he mean to be callous is the question.

If not, it's probably worse. He's so far gone mentally that he can't even regurgitate a consoling sentence that was fed to him by staffers probably two minutes earlier.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure your man deserves the benefit of doubt here. He's certainly earned it with his long track record of empathy.

By the way, the AP found two families that Trump had never called. I guess he's waiting until it's "appropriate."

Trump and the new politics of honoring war dead

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump's history of eloquence and compassion for other human beings gives him the benefit of the doubt here

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you can't give Trump the benefit of the doubt on being compassionate and truthful who can you give it to?

@YankeeFan When is Trump going to provide PROOF Obama wasn't born in the States?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Looks like Wilson’s account is already falling apart.

Wilson said that she didn’t hear the entire conversation and Myeshia Johnson told her she couldn’t remember everything that was said.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jones-Johnson, speaking to The Post via Facebook Messenger, declined to elaborate.

But asked whether Wilson's account of the conversation between Trump and the family was accurate, she replied: "Yes."

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You should encourage your man to produce the tapes. I'm sure that will go well for him.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that at least a dozen women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault, which he also openly bragged about making a habit of.

He also made a habit of popping in on underage girls in a pageant dressing room.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Again, how hard is it to say "Our country is forever in debt to your husband, who paid the supreme sacrifice to defend the United States of America. We will work tirelessly to ensure that he did not die in vain."?

But he can't do that. Because he's mentally ill.

RickStain and Inky_Wretch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.