1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. The Chargers would have stayed in San Diego and the Los Angeles Bills would be dealing with the shitshow of being in a city that doesn't care about them.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sigh.

"Should" face the flag. "Should" salute. "Should."

Not "must"

No laws are being broken.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Just catching up in the thread and apologies if someone else has addressed this already. But this is so disingenuous. She gained attention because she was a Gold Star mother who vocally and visibly opposed THE WAR ITSELF during a time of extreme pressure to "support the troops" by not questioning the war. She wasn't protesting Bush's personal interactions with families of fallen soldiers or his level of personal compassion for them. She was protesting continued U.S. involvement in Iraq. You also know that. But that kind of goalpost-shifting bullshit is why people constantly jump on you -- not your viewpoints. And I know you'll come back with more sophistry. But this had to be called out.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They knew he didn't have the money unless he borrowed it from Putin.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Roy Moore shouldn't be talking about anyone not following the law.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It was fun to have death penalty cases in front of him. You really felt like you had a fighting chance.

britwrit, Hermes and doctorquant like this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

White power dick-waving, yet again

10. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I think Trump really makes for a perfect storm of inappropriateness though. I have no doubt that if I were thrust into the role of consoler-in-chief, nerves, fatigue, and inexperience would result in some faux pas. But, for example, if I offered "He knew what he signed up for," I would immediately have an 'Oh, crap' moment (like Brian Regan's "When's that baby due?" bit, if you're familiar). Trump, on the other hand, seems to lack any sort of self-awareness and remains blissfully unaware of his egregious behavior until the backlash becomes intense enough for him to play the martyr.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I like to believe that Starman is living on an island somewhere with Old Tony.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I could probably write a statement that's perfectly appropriate that also says something to the effect of "He knew what he signed up for." Because, honestly, that's why we (in general) admire our military people: They know what they're getting into, what it could lead to, and they sign up anyway. But the way you word it, the way you say it ... danger lurks for all but the most seasoned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.