1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Not at all. But I will state again for the record that I hope you get a real client soon.

poindexter likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Whatevs. I was actually writing my post before he posted, but I added his name to it because he was making the same point as me. And it's correct. And, yeah, I like OOP and won't apologize for it.

When he posts a pertinent response to a topic and you reply with something like "You are seriously one of the dumbest sons of bitches I've ever come across," it lowers the discourse on this site. It's unnecessary and, frankly, boring to read stuff like that over and over. You pride yourself on your writing, on your thoughtful approach to topics on this board, and yet when he's engaging in a topic in a rational manner, you just jump on him. It's weak.

TyWebb and Riptide like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not pertinent. He never understands any point that anyone's making. He constantly calls people liars, dishonest, and worse. Every point he makes is embedded in a vicious character assassination of the other poster.

And you like him.

I seriously don't get it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a Legally Blonde, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Schindler's List joke in there somewhere.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

There's an obvious answer why he acts like this.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That is a completely different statement. And, also an arguable one.

It's an accusation toward a person, whether he's identifiable or not.

7. bigpern23

I'll be fair. I didn't read his entire post and missed the last part of it where he took a dig you. That also was weak, and it also is a habit of his that lowers the discourse around here and forces us to relive tired old arguments over and over because he never lets anything go. But his point was salient, if not for the completely unnecessary dig.

You two are more alike than either of you would care to admit.

8. bigpern23

Who, me?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It could be a director attached to the same studio. It could be a job she was trying for and didn't get. Sorry, still not clear it is one of those directors that you pointed to.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is the last time I am ever going to respond to you, but I think this is an important point to clarify:

No, it is not clear that it is one of the directors that I pointed to, though it strikes me as a reasonable probability, and would strike others that way, as well. But that was not my point. The fact that it is not clear, in fact, only increases my concern, rather than assuaging it. Someone can very well take the details of Reese Witherspoon's comment and interpret it to mean that she was talking about one of these three directors, the three she appeared to have worked with when she was 16. A journalist should think about that when he or she writes that Witherspoon "revealed that she was sexually assaulted."

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

copy and paste for much further use.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You insult the intelligence of others. You attack them personally. You drag your resume into the discussion when you can't win on merit. You question the sanity of others.

And you think you are somehow above the fray?

I seriously don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted