1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agreed with you all along that revealed was the wrong choice, though some of the others you suggested aren't necessarily better, as others pointed out.

My issue was with your claim that she accused somebody of a crime, for reasons I already explained. You might want to pay attention to the posts to which you respond next time.

Now run and hide if you feel the need, but you're kidding yourself if you think I'm the one being rude and disrespectful here.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a recreation of that Dove ad with Dick taking off his shirt to reveal OOP.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Lesseee ... Carbon-based life-forms? Check. Males of the species homo sapiens? Check.

Beyond that? Boy, I don't know.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's like everyone here knows the way to shut a guy up is to tell him he's like OOP. It's ridiculous. Dick always has a point that he has thought through, and it's always good for discussion. AND disagreement.

"You're like OOP" is like "don't be so defensive!" How can a person even respond to that?

5. outofplace

Yeah, all those times he posted "go fuck yourself" or "you are so dumb" really impressed me with how much thought he put into them.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Someone could interpret it the same way if it was written as "claimed" or "said," too. Providing her age as part of her claim is what leads to all the mad scrambling that is going on now.

7. doctorquant

A body is found in a dark alley, an aluminum Louisville Slugger lying nearby. During an autopsy it is determined that the cause of death was a heavy-duty head-bashing administered with that Louisville Slugger. Some DA (or other type of prosecutor) announces these findings at a press conference. Oddly enough, until I read the latest twists of this thread, I would have been certain that the DA/prosecutor was saying "Somebody beat this poor soul to death with a Louisville slugger." Now I realize the DA/prosecutor wasn't saying that, but rather was simply saying that "It appears that a crime was committed here. It could have been committed by somebody, but maybe not."

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not OK with "clickbait" for stories about sexual assault. I can stomach clickbait on Kardashian stories.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, not at all.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

did he "reveal" that he wanted you to go fuck yourself? Or did he "claim" it?

11. doctorquant

Well, that person could stop beating his wife.

12. outofplace

Not sure I see the humor in suggesting that anybody here is beating his wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted