1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What in God’s name would be the motive for having a Melania stand-in?

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

C'mon, doc. Trump murdered his wife. Duh. Everyone knows that.

3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I still have that copy of the National Lampoon boxed up somewhere.

5. Neutral Corner

But "In the first episode of the POLITICO Money podcast, Steven Mnuchin offered an 'absolute guarantee' that a tax overhaul would be signed into law by the end of the year", DQ. What could go wrong?

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't know what's more disturbing: Posters believing this cockamamie theory or the posters who are fighting it very seriously like Neil DeGrasse Tyson ruining fun things on Twitter.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No more video of her slapping his hand away? :)

More seriously, if there is an issue in the marriage, the goal would be to cover it up.

Not that I think there is anything to the theory. I'm just spitballing possible motives.

8. Neutral Corner

Is that as opposed to a non-spherical ball?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Oh please God please: "Melania Trump has ditched the president for her secret lover, Kellyanne Conway."

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

How's this for a lede?

"Meeting with his Cabinet on Monday, the President of the United States, ever a believer in the axiom “overpromise and underdeliver,” vowed to sign “the largest tax cut in the history of our country.”

This is an interesting article, written by a former GWB speechwriter, which essentially takes the position that the only thing holding the Congressional Republicans behind Trump is the idea of getting a huge tax cut passed, and that once it does they'll be free to say and do pretty much anything they want to with regard to him. It also contains some lovely snark.

Why Trump Will Regret Passing Tax Reform

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Like I said, I wouldn't have lent it one ounce of credence, until he did the Trumpian, "My wife ... who is standing right here," like we can't all see that his wife it's standing right there.

It's a close cousin to, "Mueller totally, completely for sure has no need to look into my finances, because they're like totally on point."

melock and Double Down like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Careful with that tax plan. Tax law isn't like an Executive Order; once it's law, it takes an act of Congress to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.