1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Me, too'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Indeed. Persona non dick. ;)

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Dick's peeves and crotchets and hobby horses are no better or worse than anyone's.

He's working through stuff, the way we all are. Fighting his fights and figuring himself out.

If it weren't for our weaknesses and tics and obsessions, none of us would be here.

Big Circus likes this.
  3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

But the difference, from the standpoint of ethical reporting and professional standards for writing, is the actual meaning of the words.
    'Revealed' denotes factuality. 'Claimed' and 'said' do not.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I get that. I wouldn't write it that way myself. ... Wouldn't argue about it for 40 pages, either.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You are a humorless twit.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's like I'm reading Box Socials again.

Big Circus and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't care what the source of the joke is. I don't find humor in spousal abuse. Apparently, you do. Sounds like a personal problem on your end.

Somebody read Snark's bullshit and tell me again how I'm the one who needs to learn to get through posts without taking personal cheap shots?

9. SnarkShark

When someone asks, "When did you start beating your wife?" what makes it a quandary is that the person who is being asked is likely not beating his wife, therefore it puts him in a position where there is no good answer.

If the question wasn't about something abhorrent, it wouldn't be a quandary, you mindless ninny.

JC and Dick Whitman like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get it. Still don't find it funny or care for jokes involving that topic. Gotta love how you are calling me a mindless ninny while my reasoning sailed right over your head.

Dragging this idiocy across multiple threads and engaging in name-calling in each post really raises the level of discourse, too. Nicely done.

11. SnarkShark

Do you ever think about why you are so widely derided on this site?

JC likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted