1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OFFS, the dog was no more killed than Trump was decapitated by Kathy Griffin.

melock likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

So, you're telling me the people who ran the magazine didn't kill dogs because I didn't buy the magazine? They were lying?

TigerVols likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I guess the dog ate his proof.

Sad.

melock likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does not apply to the surf and turf.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's egregious that the magazine presented the killing of that dog as an established fact.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is ice cream included?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good for them ... I tell you, one of the things in “Last Chance U” that I had a hard time processing was the D-line coach — I really liked him A LOT — going back to his high school (Jefferson Davis) and then leading the team in the pre-game ritual ending with “WE ARE J.D.!”

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Anatomy of a news story...

1. [Trump does an awful thing]
    2. [Trump accidentally reveals to everyone he did awful thing, while trying to cover for a dumb thing he should have just owned]
    3. [Media looks into the awful thing; turns out people say Trump did it]
    4. Trump on Twitter: "They're all liars! Especially the women and the minorities."
    5. Huckabee-Sanders: "It's unfortunate that the press continues to focus on these lies instead of telling Americans how great and handsome he is."
    6. Huckabee-Sanders in off-the-record-but-ok-to-use-briefing: Actually Hillary did the awful thing.
    7. Chris Cillizza: You know, Trump does some awful things, but so did Hillary, and that is the same, so who is to say what's worse?
    8. Trump defenders on Twitter and message boards: LOLZ, it's clear Hillary did this. God the media is so pathe--
    9. Trump, while people are literally in the midst of defending him, gets back on Twitter: Actually I did exactly what I'm accused of! And I did it so much better than anyone has ever done it before.
    10. Trump defenders and Twitter and message boards: To tell you the truth, I just don't care about any of this. It's sad you focus on this stuff.
    11. [Trump does an awful thing to try and cover for the other awful thing]
    12. Fox News: People refuse to understand, this man is greater than Lincoln. Already. Lincoln never had to deal with the New York Times' lies.
    13. [Trump gives interview to the Times. Accidentally says like 11 other awful things.]
    14. Maggie Haberman: A source close to the administration says "My Dad is complicated, but ultimately a good man who cares."
    15. Liberal twitter: $&%#&$#*&*#&$& Haberman, you are so pathetic!
    16. Weird Twitter: Is Melania a body double?
    17. Trump, scrambling to create new controversy: All NFL Players are bad except Brady, and that big Polish guy he throws to a lot.
    18. Steve Bannon: Not Edelman, though. He's shifty. Focuses too much on money. Are his ancestors even people? Just asking the question.
    19. Nightfall.
    20. [Trump awakes an hour before dawn to begin to tweet awful things]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Big Circus, Cosmo, HanSenSE and 14 others like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ugh. What’s the full statement?

What’s the context? Are we suggesting that was the entirety of the President’s message?

If the accusation is that he said it carelessly, flippantly, I would seriously doubt that.

If it’s presented as a testament to the fact that he was a hero, who despite knowing the risks, volunteered not just for the army, but for special forces, and died in the service of our nation, that’s quite different.

It’s no different than acknowledging the risks cops or firefighter face when delivering a eulogy for for one of them that has died in the line of duty, which happens all the time.

It’s an acknowledgement of their selflessness, not some sort of out down, that the guy was some dummy, who should have known better.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's boneheaded, offensive, and tone deaf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.