1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The best version of "A Day in the Life of______" yet.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Even Cujo? (and not Curtis Joseph)

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The second scoop is free when it's half melted

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now you care about context?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So the $25k Trump promised to a Gold Star is finally sent today. After the offer was made in June. I wonder if it was written on a personal account or a foundation one?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah that totally doesn't sound like him at all.

Also would like to point out ahead of @poindexter that you have slickly gone from doubting it ever happened to ...

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Imagine the confusion when the family receives a check for 1,435,331 rubles.

HanSenSE, melock, Riptide and 2 others like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh look. Snark's going to stalk me across multiple threads with this bullshit now.

Don't have a problem with it, but I do think you are far too easily amused.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I was going to write this. But, you know ...

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Y'all are crossing your crossthreads.

11. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Why do you make arguments on Trump's behalf that he doesn't make himself? That he, in fact, specifically says aren't true?

The Congresswoman said Trump said "He knew what he signed up for." That was the only direct quote she attributed to him. Trump called her a liar, said that she fabricated her account, that he did not say that and that he had "proof."

He did NOT say that his words were taken out of context, or that, yes, he said those words but you have to understand them in the totality of what he said, which was touching and heartfelt and hit all the right notes. He could have said that, especially if that was the truth. But he said that he absolutely didn't say those words.

In other words, he did not offer the defense that you are dutifully offering above, and that the White House seems to have pivoted to ("OK, he said it, but he said it as part of an appropriate tribute, and maybe the widow took it the wrong way in her grief").

Why do you make excuses for him? You've spun a seemingly reasonable explanation that's fine except for one thing: Trump himself insists it didn't happen that way.

This is like when he fired Comey and his people tied themselves in knots to explain why he definitely didn't do it because Comey wouldn't drop the Russia investigation and blah blah blah until Trump said, no, I definitely did it for just that reason. He made them look like fools.

Now, those people are paid to carry his water. I hope you're getting a piece too, because you work it pretty hard.

swingline, HanSenSE, melock and 12 others like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

When in doubt,WhiteHouseFoxBreitabart go directly to #8, tweet and repeat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.