1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fake News.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, it does sound like some skin off your nose. You seem quite upset about how poor YF has been treated even though he does things on this board you claim to hate.

I'm happy to debate people who disagree with me. Otherwise, what is the point? But it is ridiculous for you to say that we shouldn't criticize him when he lies or when he posts something hypocritical.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have never ever ever put a d next to my name. I don't self-identify with one single Democrat. I have been on this board as long as anyone and have never used the word we in conjunction with Democrats. Address that post to somebody else, not with a quote from mine.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wish I had YF’s patience and self-control when being personally attacked. I really do. But I care way too much about what people think of me. The paradox, of course, is that most people here hate me.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Didn't the FBI make an agreement to pay Steele, before backing out?

6. poindexter

Except for the other time he did this, only it was parents and not a spouse.

But good post.

7. Dick Whitman

Because they attacked him first. He doesn't make a habit of cold taunting Gold Star families.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

But on an anonymous message board, do people really hate YOU?

9. YankeeFan

Here we go...

The former British spy who authored a controversial dossier on behalf of Donald Trump’s political opponents alleging ties between Trump and Russia reached an agreement with the FBI a few weeks before the election for the bureau to pay him to continue his work, according to several people familiar with the arrangement.

The agreement to compensate former MI6 agent Christopher Steele came as U.S. intelligence agencies reached a consensus that the Russians had interfered in the presidential election by orchestrating hacks of Democratic Party email accounts.

While Trump has derided the dossier as “fake news” compiled by his political opponents, the FBI’s arrangement with Steele shows that the bureau considered him credible and found his information, while unproved, to be worthy of further investigation.

Ultimately, the FBI did not pay Steele. Communications between the bureau and the former spy were interrupted as Steele’s now-famous dossier became the subject of news stories, congressional inquiries and presidential denials, according to the people familiar with the arrangement, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

FBI once planned to pay former British spy who authored controversial Trump dossier

10. YankeeFan

My wife's liberal friends don't count?

Well, fuck.

11. poindexter

So you are just ignoring all of the idiocy you wrote yesterday. Sweet.

12. Dick Whitman

You and your friends do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.