1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gotta hand it to him though. Balls as big as his hands to think he can just flout that shit out there and think ANYone is going to believe it.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As usual, the reality doesn't match Trump's fantasy.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it really isn't.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

We have never seen this before because no other President has ever made a condolence call. Don't you keep up with your leader? And if, hypothetically, Obama ever did make a condolence call, I am going to assume that he would have actual empathy and wouldn't screw the pooch like Pumpkin Head does. Just a guess though.

melock likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Today's goal is to get this thread locked - permanently?

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Literally the only thing that makes me think it could be a body double is Trump saying "My wife Melania, who is standing right here..." because the man is the world's worst poker player and in no way could resist drawing attention to her body double if it was a body double.

I mean it's obviously her. But if they do ever have to use a double, we'll know because Trump will point to her and say "My wife Melania, who is definitely real and of course not a body double meant to cover anything up..."

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It’s possible with all the trolling.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We've found footage of the efforts to find Trump himself a body double:

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sure it's possibly her. Maybe it is. Maybe they played that game to play the crowd. To fuck with people.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is anybody going to start a Fuck You fest with the moderators?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, at least you are willing to give the widow gets a pass for being upset. Very kind of you to say so.

In all seriousness, your attempts to place the blame for this issue on the widow go beyond your usual dishonesty in defense of President Trump. They are truly disgusting.

It is not ridiculous at all to say he was insensitive. I don't care if we only know five minutes out of a half hour conversation. If he was insensitive during those five minutes, that counts.

Part of his job is to articulate his point clearly. Sure, it is worse if he intended to offend her, but I don't think that was the case. I think he just fucked up. You would never accept the excuse that his heart was in the right place if this was a discussion of a Democrat so why the hell should anybody accept it here?

Maybe Trump screwed up because he isn't always the most articulate person. Maybe it was because he didn't care enough to get it right. Either way, it was an ugly fuck-up that made a horrible time even worse for the family of a man who lost his life in service to this country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.