1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We've also never seen a president claim he was the only one to ever make those calls.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-Ohio) is resigning before the end of his term. Odd.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not plural. And if he calls me a "twit" again, then yes.

4. Dick Whitman

Why? Because I think YF is being reasonable? I seriously don't see and don't think I've posted anything that puts this thread in danger.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, as usual, folks can't keep their criticism to where it belongs.

This claim was ridiculous. Of course it was. Hit him for it.

Instead, the story becomes that he was purposely rude and dismissive to the -- African-American -- widow of a slain Green Beret. It's insane.

6. YankeeFan

Haha. Was going to say something along those lines.

There's only one moderator who routinely acts like an ass, who takes any criticism of his argument as an attack on his "authority" as a moderator.

JC and Stoney like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You and a couple others keep stirring the pot and it will happen. As Moddy says, take it to PMs and have a Happy "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" Day.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The point is, he invited the scrutiny of his calls when he insulted other presidents by lying about them not making those calls. And, when he politicized the death of his chief of staff's son.

And, he deserves the polar opposite of the benefit of the doubt on anything, especially something he has a documented history with, like demeaning or attacking Gold Star families.

Iron_chet likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

I'm going to hate myself for this, but I think it's a teachable moment.

The above quoted post excerpt is not a counter-argument. It is a 4-year-old pleading, "He stole a cookie, too." In fact, it's worse. It's a 4-year-old pleading, "He would have stolen a cookie, too."

What YF or any other Republican would not or has not accepted about a Democrat has zilch to do with whether Trump's heart was in the right place or not. Zip. You are just conceding that this is political tit-for-tat. Arguing that you don't believe that Trump's heart was in the right place because you don't think his past actions support extending him the benefit of the doubt is a reasonable argument. It ultimately fails, I think, but it's an argument. Arguing that YF wouldn't extend the benefit to a Democrat is you blinking.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

YOU said this? Mr. Look Over There?

melock likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Oh, lump it, school marm. What I said was perfectly reasonable and within the scope and I responded calmly and rationally to every one of Poin's attacks.

12. YankeeFan

OK. So, let's scrutinize his phone call.

What do we know about it? We have one paraphrased comment from the entire call. Is that enough to scrutinize the call, or draw concussions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.