1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You're defending his defense of an imaginary extreme position.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People think he was insensitive or demeaning because the intended recipients of his statement SAID his statement was insensitive and demeaning.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He was moronic. People are pissed because he's an arrogant moron.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yes. Obviously it was received that way.

And, that alone is problematic.

And, if that was the story, it would be justified.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"He knew the risks and, nonetheless, selflessly enlisted to defend his country."

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What resonates with the intended audience.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your last response ever....until the next one. Did you even last 24 hours? You certainly didn't spare the condescending attitude with this one. What's next? More bragging about your resume?

That was just a small part of what I posted. What's really funny is that almost all YF does is exactly the type of argument you are opposing here. Your hypocrisy hasn't quite reached his levels, but you are making progress in that direction.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

W is going in on Trump.

9. outofplace

You have been complaining about others here hating you. Apparently, the only person on SJ.com who hates you is you.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know words matter here, credibility in terms of talking about sacrifice was what I was referring to. I was thinking about Pat Smith as well as the Kahns.
    As Americans we like our grieving families to be stoic and silent and not give voice to their suffering - I think because it makes it easier on us. It isn't always easy to hear, or perhaps jibe with our personal politics. But we as a nation need to understand the costs.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He and I are the same, though.

12. outofplace

So you completely missed the evidence that was provided to show how full of shit President Trump was on this issue, huh? Or are you just lying and hoping no one will notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.