1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. John McCain loves George W. Bush.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

How dare you put words you made up in quotation marks!

My lord, Dick, did oop teach you nothing?

YankeeFan and Dick Whitman like this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I will. Your whatabout parternalism is way worse than you realize.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If Trump wore a “Fuck Reagan” hat today, your side would turn on Reagan instantly. Man, I don’t get it. It’s like it’s sixth grade and Trump is the first girl to ever ask all of you to dance or something.

5. RickStain

What Democrats really need to do is stop playing identity politics (which means play up to my identity politics at the expense of everyone else's) and identify issues they are willing to compromise on (ideally issues that don't effect my identity).

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Did you want to talk about why black voters stayed home? What gets them to the voting booth in 2020?

7. RickStain

Well, we could ask them instead of assuming our opinions are important.

8. Dick Whitman

Democrats keep losing elections. Would you concede that any of it falls on them? I feel like I haven't seen you do that. I share your frustration, not necessarily about partisan outcomes, but about the components of those partisan outcomes. I mean, it's fairly easy to be the side that denies climate change, to use one example, because who the hell wants to believe in climate change? Is it just the wrong candidates, as opposed to the wrong message(s)? Whenever I argue against identity politics, I feel like someone in the '60s arguing that The Blacks want everything too quickly.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you have.

So what'd they say?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10 or 12 times should get the job done.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

To be fair, that's not exactly what he said.

12. Dick Whitman

No. The point was that there are benign, even laudable, contexts in which one could imagine the phrases attributed to Trump being said. There is nothing inherently unsympathetic or inappropriate about, "He knew the risks."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.