1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a pretty clear difference between a joke like this and mixing made-up words in with the actual quote, Stoney, but you'd rather be a pile-jumper than approach this objectively.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm gonna guess she's not related to Jefferson Beauregard Secessions XVII.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's a Gold Star father. He's also White House chief of staff. He made that choice to become a pol and take it as well as dish it out. His remarks were heartfelt. Also contemptible. If he has such disdain for American civilian society he should have resigned his commission decades ago.

4. Michael_ Gee

I have read all the facts cited in her thread elsewhere except the beacon part, which of course is the nub here. There's no question this was a fuckup, and it certainly points to an inside man for the killers somewhere in Niger's military structure. No IEDs, just gunfire. They KNEW the convoy had no armor.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Gee is right, of course. But you guys serve it to YF again and again by blanket condemning Trump for something like “disrespecting a Gold Star family.” The circumstances do make a difference.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that Kelly deserves a medal for serving in this administration. I pray for his health regularly.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dear Lord ... but football players kneeling during the anthem!

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

#Journalism

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I really hope people don't start using every instance to ding the GOP back for things they did during the Obama administration. Wrong is wrong. We shouldn't get into the business of micro-managing and second-guessing the military on various ops. Long-term strategy? Sure.

Alma and Double Down like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

There is a report that the FBI is involved in investigating what went wrong in Niger. That's beyond highly unusual. Might it have something to do with the involvement of a private contractor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.