1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And I'm again dumbfounded by why Republicans are willing to put up with this. Do you think conservative congressmen wanted to spend the week talking about whether or not a grieving gold star widow is a liar, or tax cuts?

Nine months into holding all three branches of government for the first time in a decade, and they don't have a single major policy victory, because they have expended an incredible amount of political capital propping up a mentally ill man who doesn't give two shits about them or their agenda.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the politically engaged. I mean people I interact with in daily life, the ones who aren't sure whether their state rep is a Republican or a Democrat. They want peace and prosperity, but they also want peace and quiet.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Was it a mirage, or did QYFW just reappear and disappear like a conservative thief in the night?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Go back to the campaign and the talk that Trump wanted to hand off a lot of presidential duties to Pence. He wants to be president for the pomp-and-circumstance events and the golf outings. He'd like someone else to make the condolence calls, visit disaster sites, etc. But the office just doesn't let you pick and choose such things. Thus, the ongoing trainwreck when something not on his agenda comes up.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I work in mysterious ways.

I Should Coco, Vombatus and HC like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Like a sarcastic Jesus.

QYFW likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

QYFW, TyWebb and MisterCreosote like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That would have been easier if a Democratic congresswomen didn’t run to the press to accuse him of callousness, and the media didn’t totally jump on board with the idea that the entirety of Trump’s phone call was him telling the widow that her husband knew what he’s signed up for.

Maybe once, we try to calmly and rationally express disap in something Trump does, without exaggerating it, lying about it, and politicizing it, and we’ll see how he responds under those circumstances.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nazi apologist apologist. He only gets a sharp slap

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Totes, man. Every time someone criticized Obama, he lit up Twitter.

HC, doctorquant and Dick Whitman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.