1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They are him.

Talk Niger, VB. I'm sure I'd learn plenty.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I must disagree. This incident and its aftermath are part of the working on becoming overwhelming evidence Trump is unfit for office. An unfit President has to be the dominant political issue. He put the B-52s on alert for no reason anyone can see. That's dangerous. We are in Niger for no reason that has been given. That is not on him, IMO. It's part of the endless "war on terror" a policy set in stone long before Trump ran for President.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I liked "Rock Lobster" and "Love Shack." Discuss.

service_gamer, HanSenSE and Vombatus like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The thing that is truly absurd is your victim blaming in defense of Trump. And the press doesn't have to assume the worst. President Trump keeps providing it.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If anyone in this thread has the expertise and access to information to credibly discuss Niger, I'm all ears.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

What is your expertise?

7. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Hoping to one day live in my own private Idaho.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Beware of the pool.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Take any president not named Donald Trump and put them in a similar situation. A widow of a fallen soldier is rightly or wrongly upset by the president's call to offer his condolences. Anyone with a modicum of grace (make it a morsel, actually) reacts with something like, "I feel terrible that I upset the widow and I am truly sorry that that I wasn't a comfort to her in her time of grief. Please know that I am thinking about her at this time and only wanted to express my gratitude for the sacrifice her husband made for the country.

Instead we have the twitter clown doubling down and making it worse and acting like a douche.

America has gotten what it deserves.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How long will it be before Trump or one of his surrogates attacks Mrs. Johnson directly? He won't be satisfied with beating up on Wacky Wilson much longer.

I noticed today that he tweeted and was making much of knowing Sgt. Johnson's name... but he keeps referring to her as "the widow", as if she does not have a name.

Who fucks up a condolence call and turns it into a political incident?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Or just don't call in the first place.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.