1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

How long was Ailes in that corner office?

What did Tucker Carlson know and when did he know it?

Glass houses.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. Let's banish him.

And, again, who's defending Ailes? He's dead. No one is working to repair his reputation.

No one is going to give him any awards posthumously.

If you want to equate Fox News to Hollywood, go ahead. It's fair.

I think it's sort of funny that you think this is some sort of "gotcha" that conservatives are just as bad as the liberals in Hollywood.

The hostile environment women faced at Fox News is an extension of the problem women face in Hollywood, not its polar opposite.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Which is why they probably shouldn't spend much air time scolding other institutions.

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Didja see Jimmy Carter has come to DJT's defense?

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A female intern tweets (or Facebook posts) a "Me, too" or "Yes, all men" ... We need to know whether she works at Fox News before deciding whether her take is valid.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of course not.

But Fox News programming decisions that monetize the Harvey Weinstein story are certainly fair game for discussion, aren't they?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  7. doctorquant

All programming decisions of any type on any network are fair game for discussion.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What would you have them do?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Less.

If we're all going to agree that politics are beside the point when discussing the sort of systematic sexual abuses we're talking about here, then let's actually let them be beside the point.

Democrat or Republican, I think we all agree that women deserve better than they're getting from modern American culture.

10. doctorquant

I agree. But you are an awfully naive man if you think that politics could -- forget should -- be taken out of the equation.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'd settle for a crawl beneath every Weinstein segment on every news network that said "This company has paid out $ x millions in sexual assault settlements, hush money and NDAs since 1990."

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Ailes, another fat, sweaty slob with a huge wattle. DO NOT TRUST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.