1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

A few of you are using the F word today. The board has been shut down for less than this. Be careful!

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Where?

Does she not deserve the benefit of the doubt on the contents of her speech, for which video evidence proves she's telling the truth?

Or, does she not deserve the benefit of the doubt on the contents of Trump's phone call, for which every witness who heard the call has said she's telling the truth about?

I've already said she's grandstanding, and the onus was on her AND Trump to prove their respective claims.

Almost everyone involved in the situation has backed up her version of things. And, the only person who hasn't is still lying about it despite the fact that his own administration has confirmed Wilson's version at least three different times.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When?

4. Dick Whitman

He answered it in a tone deaf manner, with his trademark exclamation point, which indicates that the fightin' gloves are on.

Your argument is literally that he should be inoculated from criticism for answering the question. But the content of an answer is open to fair criticism, as well.

Hypothetical example:

Reporter: Mr. Duke, you are running for public office, with a track record of organized racism. How do you justify this?

David Duke: Well, I hate niggers, that's how I justify it.

He answered the question, right? I'm truly stumped as to why anyone in the media would be upset by this. He literally answered a question you had to ask him.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Donny in his element likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've not said Trump's specific response is justified. I've said the opposite.

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

YF, it seems that our gulf on a few of these points is simply too wide to be bridged by additional point/counterpoint.

Overall, I admire your tenacity. Truly. Though I wish it wasn't so oft employed in defense of a man who actively and regularly diminishes the office of the Presidency, our democratic institutions, and the United States' standing in the world. And it baffles me that you do so when Trump genuinely believes in so few of the conservative tenets that I believe you honestly hold in good faith.

But hey, to each his own.

FileNotFound and TowelWaver like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

You are mitigating it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For a moment? You never stop whining about the media, even in the rare moments that you aren't doggedly defending every single thing President Trump does. People confront you by talking about distractions and whataboutism because you use those things constantly as cover for whatever ridiculous point you are failing to properly support in that moment. You are the last person who should be talking to anyone on this site about anyone destroying their reputation given what you have done to your own credibility here.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obama played golf yesterday ... oh the scandal!

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can we agree that Donnie Jr. needs to STFU?

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Don't. He's a partisan who simply defends his guy -- Trump -- at all costs. YF is the board's apologist for the misogynist. Keep that in mind with everything he says.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The question is, given the hundreds of documented lies which he has been caught in, does Trump? Particularly when he is trying to cover a vulnerable political flank?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.