1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Aw, that whole thing was choreographed. The pull was right on cue with the song, and Janet just happened to be wearing nipple shields that day?

It blew up and everyone ran the other way because they'd misjudged the reaction, but that was just part of the show.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Holy crap.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Is this going to be when Hollywood has it's Catholic Church pedophile priest moment?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Depends on future fundraising.

cjericho likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure it'll come out for sports reporting in some element.

I've known more than a few sleazy news directors who would lord their small morsel of power in their hiring of 22 year olds desperate for an on-air job.

Actors want roles.
    TV reporters want airtime.
    We're all desperate to get that first job.

Of course there is the flip side where we've also seen far too many sports reporters who may have been targets for exploitation when they start out to think nothing of dating the athletes they cover once they get into the business.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wake me up when they get to Ari Emanuel.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

DICK
    HEADS
    UNDER
    ATTACK

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

More than that, why does BillO get a platform and a megaphone while Weinstein is anathema?

I have no idea what his strategy is, given that the payments are on the record. No one buys his stories that he made millions of dollars in settlement payments repeatedly while he was innocent of any wrongdoing.

I saw several stories yesterday about the non-disclosure agreements which are attached to these cases, as in "Are they legal? Are they binding in all cases? What is the difference between an NDA and illegal hush money?". One of them said that in the most recent $32m settlement all of the e-mails, texts, and photos were destroyed as part of the agreement. If that was his usual pattern he may think that there is nothing out there which will turn up and show he's lying... which seems pretty bold of him.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If Harvey Weinstein wants a megaphone, all he has to do is make a phone call. There isn't a network anywhere that wouldn't put him on the air today if they got that call. Hell, I am sure there isn't a network anywhere that doesn't have reporters who have actively been trying to get him to tell his story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.