1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If and when Mueller delivers indictments, I look forward to YF channeling Paul Muni as Emile Zola in the Dreyfuss Affair.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't understand why this legislation is necessary. I was told by all the right people that to not pay these was to sabotage the ACA. But how can not doing something that's not legal be considered sabotage? I get so confused with all these rules.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He’ll likely get a couple of indictments. Flynn and Manafort maybe. But they won’t be for campaign related activities.

Though, they also would never have been indicted except for their involvement in the campaign.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wouldn't make assumptions about indictments. It wouldn't surprise me if you are right and it wouldn't surprise me if members of the Trump family got indicted, too.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A 9-minute unedited video is still not enough sourcing for YF.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are y'all doubting the ability of a two-man shop whose largest job to date was running five miles of power line to successfully repair 2,400 miles of downed lines more than 3,300 miles from its home base!?! Well, Ryan Zinke doesn't doubt them - after all, he let his son work for them!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did you watch the video?

She goes on and on about her role in rushing through the naming of the building. She provides a full timeline.

She certainly did make it all about herself.

Kelly did get the details wrong. He should clarify. It wasn’t the funding she was claiming credit for, but the naming of the building.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Get back to us when he does.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We definitely should have zero tolerance for people who make things all about themselves.

o_O

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if the Clintons were in some way involved in that contract? YF would be bouncing around like Tigger.

As to why I'm not giving you progress reports on the Russia investigation, Mueller runs a tight shop. There are not many leaks to talk about unless they come from Congress. Most of us seem to have processed this idea and are waiting for his report to be released or for indictments. You seem to enjoy playing "Are we there yet? When are we gonna get there? ".

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You don’t really think the kind of firms that do this have crews just sitting around, do you? It’s a contracting gig. Whatever firm got the job was going to be merely making a market between other firms and the Puerto Rican power authority.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've seen people posthumously exonerated.

Trump apparently is on the way to being posthumously convicted. America will get its pound of flesh, if it hasn't decomposed by then.

Jesus, do you REALLY think all these people holding their breath waiting for the Mueller investigation to come to fruition will be satisfied if THAT is the outcome?

Cue the sound of 70 million people giving a collective sigh before breaking out into melancholic song . . .

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.