1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This sounds like the last thing I would want to sit and read, but also sounds about right.

Double Down and YankeeFan like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are people still arguing that the market rally is unrelated to Trump?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, the WJC Foundation sought permission from State to meet with the Russians and questioned whether there would be "any concerns with the WJC meeting with these folks."

Members of the current administration, meanwhile, have lied, denied and tried to hide every instance of their contacts with the Russians.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh for God's sake. The stock market, up or down, has about zero to do with regulations and about the same as for who's president. Went up under all those onerous Obama regulations, too. It's a cyclical bull market and has been since 2009 or even before if one takes the financial crisis as a one off. It'll take something more than the Federal Register to bring that market to an end.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

IMG_0653.jpg
    #crossthread

garrow, HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think a two-man office is incapable of running an operation of this size and scope.

7. Inky_Wretch

The Victim-in-Chief never gets a fair shake!

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I suspect you’re right, but I also suspect whatever size office is capable is way, way smaller than you’d think.

9. Inky_Wretch

I'd say minimum 10 to screen the applications, vet experience and drug testing, handle travel and equipment logistics (who is supplying the bucket trucks?) and room and board on the island.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This firm does not have the same kind of mutual aid pact big utilities have. So it must contract linemen on an individual basis. Linemen are expensive, and the opportunities for skimming here are obvious.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If you want to credit Trump for the current fall rally (a continuation of an 8 or so year rally), it would be the talk of the tax cuts.
    The zero regulation thing is made up buffoonery to attribute it to.

12. Inky_Wretch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.