1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fun fact: Arizona law requires that the governor select a member of the same party when a Senator dies or otherwise leaves office in mid-term. So if McCain really wants to screw Trump and McConnell. all he has to do is change his registration. He wouldn't even have to become a D. just an independent.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That's nice, but it's also two and a half years too late.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That was a helluva speech. Slow clap.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I made no opinion regarding either Russia's culpability or the "fairness" of the investigation.

I only addressed the pace of it. And the likely disappointing end game.

What I'd love to see (perp walk and/or pee tape) and what I expect to see are polar opposites.

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Agreed, but better late than never. Seriously.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Arizona senate race is going to be really interesting.

The frontrunner for the Republican nomination is Kelli Ward. Ward is, to put it as kindly as possible, carnival freak show crazy. Just an absolute babbling lunatic.

It's a fair assumption that some members of the (dwindling) sane wing of the party are now going to jump in to challenge her, but there are no obvious candidates. She's probably it.

Batshit crazy plays very well in rural parts of Arizona, but it's a much tougher sell in a statewide race. It's why you won't see a guy like Trent Franks give up his cozy seat in the house.

The democratic nominee is going to be Kyrsten Sinema. She's got a fairly moderate voting record in congress, and has angered some constituents by voting with the Republicans on some issues. Right now she's polling better than Ward.

50/50 chance Ward calls Sinema a "dyke" at some point leading up to the election.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You couldn't just say your side was wrong, could you? You just had find an excuse to defend them even here.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I know a bit about Ward. Your description is well stated.

Seems beatable if she gets the nomination.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As crazy as it sounds, I'm not certain that Roy Moore is an absolute shoo-in either. He keeps shooting himself in the foot, things keep coming out about him, and there are some Alabama Republicans who understand that he is unqualified and unsuitable. Then again, so was Trump... but now we've had an extended exposure to what happens when you elect that guy.

The race may be closer than expected. Would I bet my house on Roy losing? No... but I think Doug Jones has a legit chance.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Flake was not a popular senator. His exit was probably inevitable. Trump just sped it up.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.