1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm about as anti-taxes as one can reasonably be, but I'm going to laugh my ass off if a Republican-controlled government can't pull this one off.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

"The DNC paid for the work after its initial funder, a wealthy Jeb Bush supporter, dropped out." From May 10th. The Guardian.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tax cuts are always popular, but there comes a time when every voter says, "where's mine?" If voters perceive other folks got a lot and they got much less, they tend to resent it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Steele wasn’t hired until the Clinton Campaign and the DNC were paying the bills.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's hilarious how often Donald Trump is playing the "Look how oppressed I am, all these people were investigating me" card when his claim to fame is being Not Hillary Clinton.

CD Boogie and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It seems that the people who paid for the report are stating that fact, and encouraging the others to state it also, so that the firm that produced it can keep their other clients privacy intact. If I am reading this correctly, I think it is very cool.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

True.

But there is a large segment of people who don't understand that any tax cut of any kind is going to benefit his rich neighbor more than himself --- because rich neighbor has a larger base of tax burden from which to cut.

So of course Trump is lying when he says "big winners" will be the middle class. It's a mathematical impossibility.

9. Michael_ Gee

So what? The Clinton campaign paid for oppo research like every campaign by both parties.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Correct.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

SO WHAT? WHO CARES? YOU GUYS ONLY ROOT FOR LAUNDRY!

12. Michael_ Gee

So what? is to say this was not unusual behavior and portraying it as such is bullshit. All caps, on the other hand, denote serious policy arguments made in good faith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.