1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

We have a great quote that still gets brought up with my in-laws where my brother-in-law was drunkenly talking about finances and mentioned how he made "triple figures." (He meant to the left of the comma.)

SpeedTchr and Hermes like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I've been saying all along -- if they do really mean $2,400, that's bullshit. I don't know if that's the starting point of negotiation or if that's take-it-or-leave it.

If there's a negotiation, I think $7,500 would be the maximum amount that we could say would benefit the middle class. If you're putting more than that away, you aren't middle class.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's a fair assessment, but people putting away more than that are also more likely to be Republican voters. They'll yell loud if any such proposal is in the bill.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There is no greater testament to the ingenious creation that is our system of government than the fact that a complete moron is in charge and things are operating pretty smoothly.

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

I wish I could take credit for this sequence of tweets, but I copped it from the WaPo's Daily 202.

8. Neutral Corner

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

FWIW to explain where I'm coming from, I am also staunchly in favor of phasing out the mortgage interest deduction as Britain did, and in the meantime severely curtailing the maximum to which it currently applies ($1 million in mortgage debt). Those are huge drivers of economic and racial inequality. I have no illusions of it ever happening, though.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Does anyone really believe the clown caucus can pass a tax bill or is this just an interesting side discussion?

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Tell that to the people of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

It's always the most vulnerable who suffer first, while others believe everything is running smoothly.

OscarMadison and cranberry like this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They can yell all day. Their masters know they won't vote for a D, so their yells don't mean shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.