1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nope, not so. These aren't the Trumpist deplorables. These are people who vote Republican because they think they will get tax cuts, too. Screw with their savings, they will be pissed. They think the 0.1 percent are on their side. Disillusionment in that regard will be traumatic.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Thank you, Generic College Freshman.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One other little item from the WaPo Daily 202. I love how this was phrased.

-- Trump is planning to miss a key Asia summit in the Philippines next month so he can return home earlier from his trip to the region. Josh Rogin reports: “[Trump] will be in Manila Nov. 12 and 13[.] … But Trump will not travel the additional 52 miles to the Philippine city of Angeles on Nov. 14 for the East Asia Summit, an annual conference of Asian and world leaders that focuses on the strategic future of the region. … Multiple administration officials told me there was a lengthy debate inside the Trump administration about the summit, but officials close to Trump were concerned the president did not want to stay in the region for so long and worried he could get cranky, leading to unpredictable or undiplomatic behavior.
    Analysis | The Daily 202: Flake and Corker feel liberated to speak their minds. That should terrify Trump.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a certain poster here.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think @RickStain has compiled enough credits by now to qualify as a sophomore.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Thank you, privileged old guy

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(A 33-year old man who works two full-time jobs and has $112 in his bank account climbs on the roof of his Civic with 255,000 miles on it and raises arms to the heavens)

"I HAVE THE POWER!"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    LongTimeListener and cranberry like this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

People in the upper-middle class are not all Republicans. We're just the class of people designated by the ultra-rich to pay for a tax cut for the ultra-rich.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You've internalized the views of your oppressors

vicd likes this.
  11. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I cringed the entire time I watched it. I highly doubt the phone conversation went as smoothly as he described. And yet, relative to what he's put forth, his ability to formulate kind, sympathetic words about the widow sort of feels like progress. But that in and of itself might be a testament to how much he's sullied the office in the last ten months.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Generally once he's been beaten on for a few days he gets his story straight. He might abandon it tomorrow if the right person asks the right question, but he can mouth the party line to cover his ass once it is established.

It's those bothersome questions before they get the script honed smooth that trip him up, that and his ad-libbing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.