1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do like and respect HW, but if this was his thing, why didn’t anyone working for him tell him how inappropriate it was?

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hell, even Jimmah Carter confessed to impure thoughts years ago. Who is left to admire?

3. YankeeFan

Didn’t Jimmy recently walk down an airplane aisle touching each passenger?

4. YankeeFan

I knew I remembered this. Look at this creep.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Deflect! Deny! Run away!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He does it all the time.

Hannibal Buress did a bit about how much filth and disease is on his hand by the time he's done.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, since he's admitted this was his thing, but a second woman has come forward:

“We all circled around him and Barbara for a photo, and I was right next to him,” she says. “He reached his right hand around to my behind, and as we smiled for the photo he asked the group, ‘Do you want to know who my favorite magician is?’ As I felt his hand dig into my flesh, he said, ‘David Cop-a-Feel!’”

Grolnick says others in the room “laughed politely and out of discomfort.” Former first lady Barbara Bush was among those nearby. “[She] said something along the lines of, ‘He’s going to get himself put into jail!’ to which we laughed harder,” Grolnick says.

https://deadspin.com/second-woman-george-h-w-bush-groped-me-1819855977

9. YankeeFan

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's been much longer than five years since grabbing a stranger's ass unsolicited was considered "innocent."

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

At what age/level of dotty-ness does such an action begin to transition from sexual assault to “addled old man’s lost his shit”?

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I wonder the same thing. It was an open secret GHWB had a girlfriend while in the White House, so he was known as a bit of a hound. But I also assume he's suffering from some level of dementia. My dad is 87, has dementia and gets around very slowly in a walker. He's forever hitting on women. When I was hiring a live-in caretaker for him this summer, I interviewed about 8-10 women and, sure enough, he told at least a couple of them they could share his bedroom. They told me not to worry, it happens a lot in their work, but I was mortified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.