1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Is this the sort of thing that is (or is supposed to be) taught in Home Economics? I know they also bake things and sew pillows or whatever, but isn't there a like skills portion of that curriculum? (I obviously never took it.)

I understand we have an obesity problem in this country to, but from what I remember our P.E. classes didn't seriously address that. So wouldn't that time be better spent teaching every student about compound interest and why incurring debt isn't as necessary as we're led to believe?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Out of college, I worked for a Kennedy assassination conspiracy/research group. You can go nuts with that stuff, and many have. But the reason between 75-80 percent of Americans have believed Oswald didn't act alone, a figure that's stood for over half a century now, is simple. I call it the other country test. Imagine the leader of a country far away being assassinated. A suspect is arrested and proclaims he's innocent ("I'm a patsy," said Oswald. We know from sad experience lone assassins LIKE claiming responsibility). Then less than 48 hours the suspect is murdered in the basement of a police station. What would you think if the foreign country said it was all just a bunch of unfortunate coincidences? Most people would say "bullshit" and so they have from 1964 until now.

britwrit likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn liberal FAKE NEWS outlet.

melock likes this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You definitely don't need a tax break for the amount beyond (insert amount here). I say $7,500.

But yes, if you're able to contribute $8,400, I would say you aren't middle class. Others might put the number elsewhere. It sure as hell doesn't need to be $18,000.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Sure. She paid for it, but had no idea about it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

FOX’s polling operation isn’t run by their political team. It’s a bi-partisan poll, commissioned by FOX. I’m not sure why you would do the, “look, even FOX has him polling at only 38%.”

The Fox News Poll is conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers October 22-24, 2017 among a random national sample of 1,005 registered voters (RV).

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

38% without a recession

Good luck when one hits

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So you trust those numbers? TINO!

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Belief in the uranium scandal is a pretty good litmus test for being too gullible and incurious to have a valid opinion on public affairs

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Basic tax stuff, disability insurance, FICA, etc. Seriously, I got my first job at age 13 and by age 22, I still had no idea what this stuff really was. Never made an effort to learn about it, and it ultimately cost me quite a bit of money.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.