1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No, I mean Trump being president has made people feel smarter than they are. So dumb president prompts dumb people to talk as if they are not dumb. Hating Trump doesn't make you smarter; in fact, it likely exacerbates your idiocy (TDS). But it's a good thing to get ALL the nonsense out into the open. Or it's a scary thing. Probably a little of both.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When it wasn't middle America doing it, it was drug addicted junkies. Now it's an "opioid crisis".

He was going to declare it an emergency in August. Hell, his response to Puerto Rico looks like first responders in an ambulance compared to this. As many Americans die of opioid overdoses in a year as were killed in the entire Viet Nam War, roughly 140 a day, and he's taking his time. He's going to declare it an emergency, but not the full bore kind where they have to pay what it takes to pay for the medical treatment and counseling to combat it.

I don't take him seriously because he is not a serious person.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

True.

False.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Trump's election has elevated your self-certainty to the highest levels. There's no reason for you to examine anything once you know it all, right?

5. MisterCreosote

I am 100 percent certain I'm right about Trump.

But thanks for your concern.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And by extension everything else. If you're right about the president, how could you be wrong about anything else?

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think if I walk across the 405 freeway at midnight, I will get hit by a car.
    Certainty: Pretty close to 100%

I think that Jared Goff is a good NFL qb.
    Certainty: 50% at best.

I'm capable of discerning degrees of certainty.

8. MisterCreosote

I'm 100 percent certain that 2 plus 2 equals 4.

Therefore, how could I be wrong about the best way to perform brain surgery?

outofplace likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump says that Gillespie has the ability to "save our great statues/heritage." Whatever could he mean?

10. MisterCreosote

That's funny, because Gillespie ran against and almost lost to a guy who ran in the primary almost exclusively on saving the monuments.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm up to $300 given to Puerto Rico's relief effort when I don't have two dimes to spare.

I'd encourage you to give up to the point you don't have anything else to give as well, Rick.

The oppressor is your own mind.

Have a great day. You're a good guy. I just disagree with you that my post was anything but a musing that the day-to-day operation of the country goes on pretty seamlessly even with Donald Trump at its head.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The president being intellectually lazy has revealed that most of America is, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.