1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe she thinks it's Hillary.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

CNN report said that too.

No way that Trump is in the first wave. 90% certain that Manafort and Flynn go first. Knowing that actual charges have been filed puts that much more of a squeeze on everyone else that Mueller's people talk to. For instance, Carter Page is about to testify, and he gets to choose whether to talk or to take the Fifth. If he talks he's got to be that much more careful about what he says, because he does not know what they already have on tape or testimony and perjury charges are very likely if he lies. If he takes the Fifth it looks even worse than it would have a couple of months back.

The level of pressure on Manafort and Flynn to roll over just went up exponentially, even though Manafort had already been told directly that he was facing prosecution.

You don't go after the mob bosses first, you squeeze the underlings before you do that.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even Manafort and Flynn is pure speculation. It could be someone we've never heard of, someone we've barely speculated on, or even someone Democratic-connected.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Finally found the one poor sod on this board who makes less than I do. :p

BadgerBeer likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Maybe it is. Ultimate swerve.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd bet large sums of money that the President doesn't understand the Coast Guard as "our troops." He probably thinks all they do is protect yachtsmen.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know, due to TV and movies, we often have this idea that Washington is full of clandestine meetings along the tidal basin, in parking garages or distant corners of Rock Creek Park. That there is serious money and serious thinking that goes into the most basic transaction or policy push.
    No surprise that a NeverTrump outlet was the origin of the dossier, but I also figure they were just the "pass through." The Free Beacon has a history of "scoops" that are really just political operatives handing over oppo research to take down a target that more respectable outlets wouldn't touch.
    When this is over I'm guessing only The Daily Caller and Breitbart will have the Trump Seal of Approval.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Coasties are actually part of The Wall.

Advisers need to do a better job of explaining things.

IMG_1766.JPG

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

While looking for that boat wall evasion map, I found this map that looks similar to the 2016 Electoral College map. Notice PA, OH, MI and to a lesser extent WI and FL. Hmm.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.