1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Some news organizations are really embarrassing themselves.

2. YankeeFan

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's like, He didn't look at ME with gay eyes.

[​IMG]

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I admit that I'm kind of impressed the Twitter mob is going after Spacey, one of the true untouchables in entertainment and social media.

A minor thing but will this create a different feel around each spring when HoC comes out?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How about taking responsibility for his actions? He claims he doesn't remember doing it, then blamed it on being drunk.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wondered about that, too. How does it change things if the public thinks some of the creepy aspects of the character are real?

7. YankeeFan

It seems pretty clear to me that Spacey's desire for "privacy" regarding his sexual orientation was meant as a way of preventing any reporting on his inappropriate behavior.

Since, and reporting in this area would have "outed" him, it made reporters and editors more reluctant to pursue such stories.

And, it's silly too. Spacey does not appear to have been discreet regarding his sexuality. In public, he was very out. It was just in the press that he was not out.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I wish there were actors like that when I was in high school..

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Re: Spacey ... they can just make quasi-feel-good Internet videos like this to wash away any sins ...

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Tom Junod. A very uncomfortable story from a great writer.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There's a ton of smoke around R. Kelly these days. And there's the whole Kesha/Dr. Luke thing.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

When does it end in all of this? 10 years after an incident? 20 years?

I think of people who may have escaped public shame 25 years ago, pre-social media, but are tossing and turning at night, fearful that a misconstrued comment will surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.