1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Calling my shot:

Within 48 hours, we'll find out that Papadopoulos was once Facebook friends with somebody who donated money to the Clinton Foundation, and this will be when the RWSM decides to pick up the story

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's a guy, who apparently came over from the Carson campaign. He suggested some sort of meting with Russians, which was shot down.

He lied about that to the FBI, which is his crime.

Let's not pretend he was some big shot. Trump was Trump's foreign policy advisor.

People laughed when Trump couldn't even name a single foreign policy advisor on his team -- because he didn't have any of any importance. I'm not sure this guy was even ever in a meeting with Trump.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OMG.

I'm going to stop engaging you on this. There's no point.

JC and HanSenSE like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not bad for a first draft of the talking points, but it doesn't fit the facts:

[​IMG]

"Approved from our side."

5. YankeeFan

Trying to get everything in order for our trip to Paris actually. Leave tomorrow for 9 days. So, if I'm not as active, it's not solely because i'm lacking vigor.

JC likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

IMG_2073.jpg
    Oh, I am. Trump tweeted out a pic of them in a meeting, in fact. Got any other things you'd like to get dunked on?

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

RYAN: Thank you… We’ve heard you’re going to be announcing your foreign policy team shortly… Any you can share with us?

TRUMP: Well, I hadn’t thought of doing it, but if you want I can give you some of the names… Walid Phares, who you probably know, PhD, adviser to the House of Representatives caucus, and counter-terrorism expert; Carter Page, PhD; George Papadopoulos, he’s an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy; the Honorable Joe Schmitz, [former] inspector general at the Department of Defense; [retired] Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg; and I have quite a few more. But that’s a group of some of the people that we are dealing with. We have many other people in different aspects of what we do, but that’s a representative group.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dude ...

10. YankeeFan

Fair enough.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is some of your best work here in a long time. Keep up with the lolz.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

DORAL, Fla. — Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he hoped Russian intelligence services had successfully hacked Hillary Clinton’s email, and encouraged them to publish whatever they may have stolen, essentially urging a foreign adversary to conduct cyberespionage against a former secretary of state.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Donald Trump Calls on Russia to Find Hillary Clinton’s Missing Emails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.