1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yep. Also shoots down the wing-nut theory that Mueller is "leaking" stuff.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Indeed, but Rod Rosenstein will most likely maintain none of the 126 million were swayed.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tax reform might be in trouble already.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm not against tax reform at all. But what info is out there, this bill stinks for all but the super-rich (Ah, more of the Trump con).

Happy Collins decided to stay in the Senate and not run for governor of Maine. She's a grown-up doing her job.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If Lieberman is in collusion with a foreign nation affecting the election here, especially if part of what that foreign nation does is to hack the opposition and use that information, then yes I would have an issue with those hypothetical actions as well.

Would the national reaction be as strong? That's a good question. I can only speak to my own opinion.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

RickStain likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Carter Page, who's either a complete moron, high on hallucinogens all day long or both, went on Chris Hayes' show on MSNBC. Host's first line: "Carter, let me congratulate you on not being indicted." Host's line midway through the interview: "Carter, I sincerely hope you're innocent because you're doing a lot of talking." Hayes is a wonk, not a reporter or he never would have said the second line.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It could be Scotland, Lichtenstein or Mustang, my reaction would be the same.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Americans take as a given Israel attempts to influence our every election. They don't pay much attention because most Americans support Israel and most also assume the smaller will always seek the support of the larger. Russia's a little different.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm fine with ditching the mortgage and state tax deductions. Doesn't affect me at all, and I am as far from rich as you can get.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If your side loses, anyway. :)

A victory will be rationalized any number of ways. As the Trump supporters have shown.

Humans are humans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.