1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep, wouldn't the world be a better place if we could compromise on just how human a fellow human being is?

heyabbott likes this.
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Old white conservative military man has old white conservative take on the Civil War. I'm stunned.

3. Steak Snabler

The most unintentionally funny part of that clip is one of Elaine's suggestions for his new name is "O.J." This episode aired in November 1993, about seven months before the murders.

4. TigerVols

Anyone else not surprised that a former U.S. general who is now the chief water-carrier for a traitorous President came out in support of America's premiere traitor himself, the Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia, Robert E. Lee?

And they have the gall to complain when a fellow US citizen kneels during a song.

Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE and poindexter like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In times of trouble and woe, the Trump administration goes back to its tried and true messages. Blame Hillary and defend white racism.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And on today's theme of similar names, I have a colleague named Robert Lee, middle initial E.

Goes by Rob. (And has done so for decades, thank goodness.)

I haven't seen him in a few months, but I'm going to ask him if he wants a statue. He might be able to get one fairly cheap.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

We're surrounded by twits.

Pilot likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

I graduated high school with a guy named Robert E. Lee. He was about what you'd expect.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

They’re ignorant, reactionary shitheads.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I am not a history major but were there not a number of compromises? The Kansas-Nebraska Act, The Compromise of 1850, Nullification Crisis, Three-fifths Compromise and The Missouri Compromise? Three of these have the word compromise in them.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    heyabbott and RickStain like this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I tune in to see if Trump's going to get impeached this week and I get this dual-name crap? Step up your game, gents.

12. TigerVols

Skeletal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.