1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

49539E79-7C20-4AF1-BF8D-CEEF4CF71F6B.jpeg

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Trump Administration is Hotel California ...

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

While the Republicans in Congress do not have the stones to protect Mueller from Trump, neither do they have the stones to do Trump's dirty work for him.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

John Kelly is Dick Cheney, essentially. Everyone rushed to label him as the "adult" in the room and the "moderating influence" when he joined the band, and it turned out, he was as much a true believer as any of them.

It's not hard to say "Robert Lee was a brilliant military tactician who believed in all the wrong things. You can admire his military acumen and conviction while still understanding what he was fighting for was completely immoral and wrong."

But Kelly either doesn't believe that, or likes the dog whistle.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think you are giving Kelly too much credit.

Dick Cheney is a super bright man. For me, he fits more into the evil genius / Lex Luther mold, i.e. the cartoon version of him that people came up with to demonize him. Regardless of whether he actually is evil, though, he is an innately very bright man.

John Kelly is no evil genius. ... or really any other sort of genius.

What Kelly needs to do right now is take a step back and focus on pushing papers around and acting as a gatekeeper to the oval office. He would do best to stay behind the scenes and do the kinds of things he probably does really well. Because every time he has stepped into the spotlight lately, he hasn't really acquitted himself very well.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump is forcing Kelly to spend his credibility with the Washington press corps (which venerates military officers like no other segment of society) defending Trump. In the process, Kelly has revealed his own views as being so close to Trump's that his four-star halo has gotten very tarnished.

7. Double Down

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. Double Down

Papadopoulos wrote to Lewandowski several times to let him know that the Russians were interested in forging a relationship with the campaign, court filings show.

In one email on April 27, 2016, Papadopoulos wrote “to discuss Russia’s interest in hosting Mr. Trump.”

“Have been receiving a lot of calls over the last month about Putin wanting to host him and the team when the time is right,” he added.

In May, Papadopoulos forwarded to Lewandowski an offer of “cooperation” from a Russian with links to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. “Is this something we want to move forward with?” he asked.

There is no indication if or how Lewandowski responded to those messages. But in June, when Papadopoulos emailed him again about Russia, Lewandowski referred him to Clovis because he “is running point,” according to court documents.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...and the freedom to kneel while it is being performed is exactly what makes our nation "Great," no?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if everyone is kind of waiting around right now to see if Trump pardons Manafort, Gates and Papa George. And once he doesn't do that, it's going to be clear to everyone that they shouldn't wait for it, and that's when the race to Mueller's office begins.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you, that Wikileaks didn’t uncover this first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.