1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wonder who, besides FOX News, @Azrael thinks should have a disclaimer run with their coverage of this issue.

Looks like we can add the Times and NPR to the list.

NPR is investigating allegations by two women who said the head of its news department made unwanted physical contact with them while he was employed by another news organization nearly two decades ago.

The women, both journalists at the time of the alleged incidents, made the accusations in recent weeks against Michael Oreskes, senior vice president of news and editorial director at the Washington-based public broadcasting organization.

In separate complaints, the women said Oreskes — at the time, the Washington bureau chief of the New York Times — abruptly kissed them while they were speaking with him about working at the newspaper. Both of them told similar stories: After meeting Oreskes and discussing their job prospects, they said he unexpectedly kissed them on the lips and stuck his tongue in their mouths.

QYFW likes this.
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If nothing else, I think the #metoo movement will make some men realize how awful other men behave, and will maybe be more inclined to say something or step in when a woman is experiencing threatening behavior.

I was talking to a woman this weekend who said she once fell asleep on a bus and woke up to a man licking her hand. With a bus full of fellow passengers. Like, what in the living fuck?

I'm all for punching Nazis and non-consensual hand lickers.

swingline likes this.
  5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Although the perps always seem to be men, this happens to women AND men who use public transportation.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The stories that get me are how much the men who don't do awful things will carry water for the men who do.

A friend told me she was groped by a man at a party, and all her mutual friends said that he just gets that way when he drinks and she should let it slide.

7. [​IMG]

expendable likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A gem from his Wikipedia entry:

On August 4, 2011, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Ratner would produce the 84th Academy Awards with Don Mischer. However, Ratner resigned on November 8, 2011 after remarking that "rehearsal is for fags."

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wait, that's wrong? Oh, shit, that was my go-to move when I was single.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.