1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No chance any cabinet member signs letter calling for Trump's ouster unless they've already decided to bolt. Tillerson could fit in that group because he has millions in parachute cash from his corporate days. But nobody who wants to work another minute will do it.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is nobody in the cabinet right now except Coates (DNI), Pruitt (EPA), Zinke (Interior) who I know for sure doesn't have enough money to buy Trump and have him torn down for a parking garage. Sorry, forgot Mattis. Career military, so comfortable but not wealthy.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The other side of that is that Mattis could sit on as many corporate boards as he wished, if he wanted to. Big money for few hours.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some real live theater going on in Gotham.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bo Dietl is just flat out stupid. Like, back of the room failing 11th grade remedial geometry for 2nd time, not going to graduate and will struggle on the GED level stupid.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's described in this piece is not impeachment, which is essentially an indictment attained by simple-majority vote of the House of Representatives, but 25th Amendment-initiated removal. The story doesn't suggest Bannon has polled the House. It says he has speculated about how the Cabinet would come down on signing the letter as outlined by the 25th Amendment.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I see. Now it makes sense.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, That's why I went through every cabinet member and guessed how they'd vote. 25th starts with the cabinet (majority), and THEN goes to the House and Senate, where 2/3 is needed. It's a fantasy and Bannon knows that.

There is not a realistic scenario where the cabinet and 2/3 of Congress ousts him. It would require people like Pence and Ryan and McConnell putting country before party, which they simply will not do. It's total nonsense.

He's there until he quits, or 2020.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The problem is that Pence and Ryan and McConnell think they are the country and 99% of Americans are just paying guests

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not sure that link headline was written correctly. "Democrats suddenly fine politicizing death uncouth." Reads a bit differently than "find," eh?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.