1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Had to look up PrisonPlanet. I'll admit that wasn't one of my better days. Nothing wrong with the other guys, though!

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Is following a disabled little girl from the hospital and arresting her, keeping her from her parents and against her doctor's recommendations for her well-being, so she can be held in a concentration camp, something that you generally see the good guys doing?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Another honest question: Was there ever a time when you believed in good?

4. RickStain

answer my question and I'll answer yours

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Your question is simplistic at best. Perfection eludes every individual who has ever lived. Any country full of them is going to do bad things. So it is intellectually dishonest and purposefully ignorant of historical context to make such an absurd, sweeping generalization and extrapolate from your cherry picking that America is the bad guy.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

This country is absolutely evil. Hundreds of thousands of murdered babies a year is all I need to know about to be confident in that thought.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well, you know my feelings on abortion. So I don't disagree with this particular evil.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Going to guess that slaughtering children out of convenience and ideological fealty doesn't rate for @RickStain or @Double Down.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  9. RickStain

So what ICE did there was bad? Why isn't anyone in charge stopping it?

10. RickStain

If abortion was murdering a baby, it *would* be utterly evil.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Quebert:

I don't enjoy your political posts so I don't engage with them. YankeeFan is well read and fun to joust with, even though he's frequently wrong and moves the goalposts the minute you have him on the run. We banter, we laugh, we talk shit, we move along. Your brand of "everything is fucked, everyone is terrible, but libs are worse because they condescend to me" nihilism isn't very interesting or informed. Someone opposing your point is always "stupid" or "weak" or "pathetic" and you never seem to have any fun with any of this. You do your tough guy thing, and think we're all fucking morons, and we're all pathetic liberal hypocrites who want to murder children and on and on. It's exhausting.

I'd rather just put you on ignore, and not feel any ill will toward you, but you start the NFL thread each week now and when you have someone on ignore, the whole thread disappears.

Which is a shame because your sports takes and music takes are fun to read, and I'm sure in a bar we'd be friendly and have lots to discuss outside of politics. You obvious hate politics and hate snooty liberals like me and Rick (at least in theory) and don't have any arrows in your quiver to fire except "liberal hypocrisy!" so I'm not sure what the point of you reading this thread is.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You know the answer to the former. Whatever the answer to the latter, it doesn't support your thesis.

You also didn't answer my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.