1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm a liberal. I look favorably on the United States. I suspect my opinion is among the majority between the liberals here (though you might have a hard time distinguishing between being critical of something the United States has done, and not looking favorably on the United States).

So yeah ... I guess you're wrong.

But that's what happens when you make "such an absurd, sweeping generalization."

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How does the current president view the United States?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Plenty of good liberals in America, but they ultimately are not welcomed by the modern American liberal, who has made hating America a staple of his/her faux intellectualism. And even smart people with whom I generally disagree can be swayed by such secular extremism. It's a powerful force that preys on ignorance and intolerance. Much like Trump apologists. They are them. Different sides of the same coin.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Yep, you are right. These are the only countries in the world that are nervous about where America is headed. You really nailed this one Q.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Liberals here are not indicative of the "typical Democrat." You know that.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Where is America headed?

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Admiral, Secretary of Defense? And Bruce Bowen for CIA director, he has no problem getting dirty.

Kerr, Curry: We'd vote Popovich for president

"I truly would vote for Pop. He would make a great president," Kerr said Wednesday. "All jokes aside. I would vote for him."

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Acknowledging America is imperfect = hating America.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

This is such bullshit. One can love their country and believe that it is the greatest nation on earth and still understand and articulate that it needs to get better. Parents can, at the same time, love their children yet discipline them when they have done wrong. This is such a fucking whack job cliche response. The only people that seem to feel America isn't the greatest nation on earth are the MAGA morons. I would argue that America is great but can be better. After all I'm not the one that just said our justice system is a laughingstock.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I acknowledged it is imperfect. Maybe read back a few pages. But you know that "America is imperfect" is not what the wave of new liberalism and its identity politics are about. You're being, in the words of one Mr. Stain, purposefully obtuse.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

So you agree that @RickStain is wrong?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, let's count the number of times he's insulted American institutions, like the justice system ... "what we have right now is a joke, and it's a laughingstock."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.