1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"I had to keep my promise to Bernie. I was in agony as I dialed him. Keeping this secret was against everything that I stood for, all that I valued as a woman and as a public servant."

Dollars to donuts she knew the whole time.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There has never ever been an insider account of a losing presidential campaign whose theme wasn't "if only they'd listened to me." "We tried our best, caught some bad breaks and just came up short" sells no books. Also, Brazile has clearly decided Bernie's is the side that butters her bread.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He is the zenith (I hope) of America's political divide. The idea that Trump is somehow going to destroy the republic shows an alarming willingness to give up on the country when things don't go your way. The tantrums continue and are just feeding his megalomania. For the 100th time, if we had ANY leaders in D.C., this would be the time to act reasonably, thoughtfully and with purpose. But that won't happen because Trump is Hitler. we're all gonna die, the southern United States is Saudi Arabia, yadda, yadda, yadda. The discourse in this country is a fucking joke, the political class really has no interest in changing that because it benefits from fomenting it, and, so, Trump is president.

Cosmo likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes, most of the white males on this board are terrible. We have found common ground.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, I think Trump would LIKE to be an authoritarian dictator, but he's way too lazy, ignorant and has too short an attention span to even try to be one. Any leader who spends that much time on the golf course just doesn't have the right dictatorial stuff. I do worry about Trump starting a big war in one of his rage fits. Eighty years of Congress ceding war powers to the executive make that dangerously easy to do. That of course, is a systemic flaw, not a Trump-specific one.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm gonna start scrolling past your posts again. It's better for everybody. Please don't be sad about it. I can take a hammer to my hands only so many times a day.

Peace.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You should probably be spending time with others.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Who's giving up on the country? Have you not seen how many people are fighting his every move because they (rightly) believe they betray America's values?

Trumpism is not another banal "ideology" with which compromise should be reached. It is something that needs to be defeated, or at least shamed back into irrelevance.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're getting very close to 5,000 pages on this thread. Calls for a pizza party.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't you pollute this nice thread with our disagreements!

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Donna's recollection of the dialog she had with others in that Politico piece is hilariously bad.

“What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.