1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You guys, chill. @JDV is back.

Everything is going to be OK.

EDIT: First post on page 5,000 references the Super Genius. My work here is done.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Major right-wing donor Bob Mercer is leaving his hedge fund and selling his stake in Breitbart

The press has also intimated that my politics marches in lockstep with Steve Bannon's. I have great respect for Mr. Bannon, and from time to time I do discuss politics with him. However, I make my own decisions with respect to whom I support politically. Those decisions do not always align with Mr. Bannon's.

Without individuals thinking for themselves, society as a whole will struggle to distinguish the signal of truth from the correlated noise of conformity. I supported Milo Yiannopoulos in the hope and expectation that his expression of views contrary to the social mainstream and his spotlighting of the hypocrisy of those who would close down free speech in the name of political correctness would promote the type of open debate and freedom of thought that is being throttled on many American college campuses today. But in my opinion, actions of and statements by Mr. Yiannopoulos have caused pain and divisiveness undermining the open and productive discourse that I had hoped to facilitate. I was mistaken to have supported him, and for several weeks have been in the process of severing all ties with him.

For personal reasons, I have also decided to sell my stake in Breitbart News to my daughters.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I kinda thought the election was proof of that.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Removing George Washington statues is a winning strategy for defeating Trump.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The interesting takeaway to me was how Obama apparently fucked the DNC's treasury. That would be in line with the assumption that he had zero interest in helping the Clintons in any way, to the detriment of his legacy.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Many people are still with her.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not as much the detriment to his legacy as the detriment to the future of the party. Oh well.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She has a large following of supporters. But she's out. She's not running for anything ever again. Those supporters will go elsewhere, sooner rather than later, because they will have nothing to support her for. There is a general consensus on policy within the party. In 2020, my only requirement for the nominee is that the man or woman must be younger than I am (I will be 71).

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is there one person on this board who is still "with her"?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The two posters who make up the entirety of modern American liberalism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.