1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

How many people who make large enough charitable contributions to itemize really need the deduction? I don't see the point in deducting giving, since it should be done as a matter of course.

QYFW likes this.
  2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

QYFW likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with a Princess Poppy gif.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Better than Bergens, I'd say.

Hermes and QYFW like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't think YF has been posting, so I'll fill in for him. We can't have an HRC drought.

Here's the sequel to "What Happened":

[​IMG]

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That isn't what I said. And Bernie did/does participate in fundraising for Democrats
    Bernie Sanders: Prolific Democratic Party fundraiser - CNNPolitics

The Democrats have been a gentrifying party for a while and Sanders brought new people into the party. It's kind of hard for a party to make a statement of good governance when the favored candidate is paying the mortgage of the referee, dictating the debate schedule and then say - "trust us, it is a fair contest - we're neutral." I don't know if Bernie could have won and don't care at this point - I do wonder about some of the people involved in allowing this to happen being trustworthy enough to still have a role in the party.

QYFW likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Does this go against the tally of Hillary mentions? What's the number up to BTW? I always forget who is keeping it.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why should it be a fair contest?

10. DanOregon

Bylaws and such.
    “Section 4. The National Chairperson shall serve full time and shall receive such compensation as may be determined by agreement between the Chairperson and the Democratic National Committee. In the conduct and management of the affairs and procedures of the Democratic National Committee, particularly as they apply to the preparation and conduct of the Presidential nomination process, the Chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness as between the Presidential candidates and campaigns. The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process. “

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Rules are rules, sure.

But on an ethical level, why should an organization dedicated to political advocacy not advocate in this specific case?

12. DanOregon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.