1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At what point does Trump quit attacking his 2016 opponents and start focusing on the 2020 challengers? I figure he'll start tweeting about them once the Democratic primaries begin and be calling for the FBI, DOJ and Homeland Security to arrest the candidate during the Democrats' convention.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Has the traitorous racist-in-chief's ability to use the English language correctly dramatically slipped even further over the past few days, or is it just me?

When they were replaying his WSJ interview from March, 2016 in which he rattled off the names and titles of his five foreign policy advisors (including felon George P), I was amazed at how (relatively) coherent he sounded; there's no way in hell he could list five names and titles of even his cabinet right now off the cuff.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

His mental deterioration is pretty obvious. When it happened to Reagan, at least he had Nancy for a surrogate who could say things for her husband based on their extremely close relationship. She knew how his mind worked. Trump has nobody like that. If his administration has to cover for mental unfitness, nobody in it is gonna listen to Jared or Ivanka. Since they all hate and fear one another, it'll be today's chaos squared.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I remember thinking how much the presidency aged GWB and Obama. And those guys were relatively physically fit and, in Obama's case, relatively young when they took the helm. I can only imagine what it's doing to Trump, an out-of-shape septuagenarian.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But they put in the work. They were in the grinder almost every day. Is Trump?

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

18 holes every other day is a grind, man.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I think there's a valid argument that he is in a far brighter spotlight than GWB and Obama, and one with which he is far less familiar. As a faux-celebrity, very little was actually expected of him -- he literally just had to show up, and people would feed his ego. It can be argued that the presidency is the first actual job he's ever had.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Call me when that twain ever meets.

poindexter and QYFW like this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Someone who supports 39-week abortions for women in Iowa.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Now they're all working off the Fox News script!

Conservative Republicans demand Mueller recuse himself over uranium deal

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wrote the resolution, accuses Mueller of having a conflict of interest because he was serving as FBI chief when the Obama administration approved a deal allowing a Russian company to purchase a Canada-based mining group with uranium operations in the United States, according to a draft obtained by The Washington Post.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump won't put that one to bed until he's put into his own hole in the ground. Bernie is the gift to Republicans who keeps on giving.

Donna Brazile may have just cost the Dems the Virginia Governor's race. Bad timing for this to break for the D's, not that there was going to be a good time.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Northern Virginia won't vote for Gillespie. You can't win anything in this state without winning NoVa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.