1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that's the dude from Head of the Class. Why the fuck do I remember that show?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You'd think a message board with so many current and former journalists would have some standards of evidence, but as usual, that simply isn't the case here.

And let me be very clear for some of the knuckleheads. I'm not saying this guy, or any of the accused, are innocent. But let's at least have some standards before we declare them to be guilty.

3. outofplace

It gave us Robin Givens, and I believe she was on the show before she met Mike Tyson. How could we forget?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

Is that a response to Robin Givens or standards of evidence? Gotta be clear about these things. :)

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Until these guys are frogmarched into prison and given life sentences, nothing's going to change. They'll just be hushed up and sent away and we'll move onto the next big shiny ball of outrage.

7. outofplace

That is entirely possible, which is part of why it is so important to do this right. These accusations need to be investigated and the guilty need to be prosecuted. Just a bunch of accusations alone aren't enough.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I was just about to post the same thing. I hope Arvid turned out better.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Good thing this is a message board and not a court of law.

lakefront likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My daughter watches that show "Game Shakers" listed among Schneider's credits. A couple of months ago, one of the plots was about some restaurant-affiliated contest.

The title of the show (or at least of the contest within the show) was "Clam Shakers." I had a small WTF moment. Now it's a large WTF moment.

11. outofplace

In JC's world, journalists shouldn't care about being able to back up what you say.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I know your brain doesn't allow you to function like the rest of us but nobody here is posting stories about this. They are discussing it, you know like people discuss things over beers at a bar. Do you need irrefutable proof to do that as well?

SnarkShark and Stoney like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.