1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For whatever reason I watch Fox News when I'm on the road. It's one thing to be Republican and/or conservative, and to even have a shtick, but fuckity fuck shit ... those Fox people are the most disingenuous and dishonest people on teevee. That they can look at themselves in the mirror, or their children with a straight face.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Trump is en route to Asia. I think we know how this will play. World leaders know the drill by now. 1. Butter him up like you're making croissants. 2. Tell him what you want him to think. Since he knows nothing about what you're talking about, he will absorb it. 3. Most important. Coordinate message with other leaders since a new message will drive the old one right out of his head. So I think it'll go like this. Prime Minister of Japan, and Presidents of South Korea and China will all say, "for God's sake, don't attack North Korea." Trump will then go to Vietnam and the Philippines where other stuff will be discussed. On flight home, he will go, "what did those guys say to me again? Something about attacking North Korea, right?"

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They are doing it for the money, which is good. And Megan Kelly aside, if you are on FoxNews, you’re career has reached its final destination.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Seems like there’s pretty strong evidence you don’t need to set Megyn aside on this one.

FileNotFound and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yep. Pension funds are big investors even at a time when fewer and fewer working people have pensions and GOP legislators are attacking them and public employees’ rights to bargain for them. But to get back to the original question, supply side economics as practiced in our country has never, ever benefitted poor or middle class people. It is just cynically sold to ignorant people that way.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    heyabbott likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

To reiterate a fact. The majority of US stocks are owned by either individuals (about a third) or mutual funds (about a quarter). Class, who owns mutual funds? Quant is just incorrect here.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dana Perino is as close to straight as I've seen on Fox; she plays as if she wants to keep it honest. But she's also on that putrid 5 o'clock show with Watters, Williams, the short smarmy guy, and the burnt out caricature of Jane Russell.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How they deal with their tears of conscience:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.