1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. Gillespie has done no such thing. This is pure partisan fan fiction.

Vombatus and SpeedTchr like this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I live in Virginia, and honestly I don’t even know much about where either candidate stands on a variety of issues. But Gillespie and his people are clearly kicking Northam’s ass at campaigning. They’ve baited him into so many traps it’s ridiculous.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Gillespie has endorsed ads that suggest MS-13 is a problem in Virginia. It has no hold there.
    Gillespie is the architect of a tremendously successful gerrymandering scheme.
    Gillespie is a supporter of monuments that revere treason against the United States.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The number of MS-13 gang members is nebulous. But there certainly seems to be a problem. Even the Post agrees with that.

Analysis | Are there more than 2,000 MS-13 gang members in Virginia’s wealthy Fairfax County?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Even when she was in power, there's no way she was this powerful, except in her own mind.

Inky_Wretch and heyabbott like this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It’s also much more of a “problem” in Prince William County than Fairfax, but you won’t hear Gillespie say anything about that. I’ll give you one guess as to why.

He also baited Northam into this shtick on “sanctuary cities,” which are not to blame for any of this as there are literally none in the entire state. Gillespie is trying to paint Fairfax County as one, but it is not and never will be. It’s also one of the safest counties in the country for its size - 18 homicides last year in a county of 1.4 million, among other stats.

As a father, I do worry about recruitment in schools, but Gillespie painting it as an illegal immigration issue exacerbated by Fairfax County’s “lax” immigration policy is a farce.

Big Circus likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Giving released felons their voting rights back is another hot topic. 150K were allowed to vote in VA last year, and might have tipped that purple meter. It's being brought up again in this race too.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I should add, I think Gillespie is going to win despite all that.

And the difference will almost entirely Be the Bernie Bro crybaby “progressive” idiots getting huffy with Northam after his sanctuary cities botch and staying home on Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.