1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

upload_2017-11-5_8-3-58.gif

I stink at internet...Robin Sparkles on Space Girls

2. lakefront

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was she a cold potato or marble statuary?

4. lakefront

upload_2017-11-5_9-40-27.jpeg

not marble or Mrs Potato head, but...

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Find a copy of "The Quiet Man", and run it until John Wayne first sees her. She was friggin' beautiful, and "cold" simply didn't apply.

Now, "Statuesque", maybe...

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

8. lakefront

some reasons why no one talks...

For years, women have whispered about Weinstein, about James Toback, and so many others. They whispered but they didn’t speak out. Women in Hollywood knew that to say anything in public about this guy or that guy was to risk a reputation as being crazy, or difficult. Not fun. When women are 51 percent of the population but less than 30 percent of the faces onscreen, the last thing you want to be thought of is hard to work with. Besides, skeptics always say, they went voluntarily to his hotel room; what did they expect? And it was not like they could report him to HR. In many of these cases, HR reports to him. Successful men have layers of people in place to help them get their job done. So do successful predators. For most of these women, it was better to just make your contribution to the whisper network and try to figure out a way to forget it happened.

and her comments about herself even as a grown up...

Like all young women working in the business, I understood part of my job was to smile and stay quiet.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. lakefront

excellent article

"The same women who spoke among themselves about Harvey, about Terry, also speak about well-known actors who are not quite the loving family men their publicists would have you believe. Instead of a bathrobe, it’s a private meeting. Instead of a clumsy grope, it’s a “helpful” lingering brush of your breast. Instead of a disgusting proposition, it’s a greasy little implication that a few minutes together could lead to something better down the road. This is no longer black and white. It’s gray. And people don’t like gray, especially when it comes to sexual assault, which they really don’t want to be thinking about at all. They like their sexual assault clear, recognizable, and not committed by men who are America’s marital hall pass. Should these stories come out, the public’s response to the victims might not be nearly as supportive."

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought "Baretta" was the entry that jumped out there.

11. lakefront

Could be, he is a murderer after all, (imho).

"When I was in elementary school, I appeared on a television show. The assistant director softly whispered to my mother to never leave me alone with the show’s star."

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.