1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Best thing that could possibly happen.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Good God man!

Who would choose that as the lesser of punishment vs. a punch?

FileNotFound, doctorquant and HC like this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That poll accurately reflected the opinion of the country in mid-October, more or less. The country changed its mind by the election.

Again, you haven't actually stated any sort of argument, so I'm not even sure what these examples are supposed to point toward.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Could be. But you can never prove it. And can always use it to explain away any discrepancies in the final result. Ergo, meaningless.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone answer a call these days from a number they don't recognize? Hell, I don't answer half the time when I DO recognize the number.

7. RickStain

Polls predict the outcome accurately more often than they don't. They are sometimes wrong, especially depending on the methodology of the specific polling. Whether that makes the entire process "meaningless" I guess is a personal opinion but that seems like quite a reach to me.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't answer when my phone tells me it's from other states that I have no business in.

But I'm always answering calls from home service providers (lawn, exterminating, plumbing, gutters, etc.) whom I may have left an inquiry with but whose number I don't recognize. Most of them call back on a different number I don't recognize, either. Pharmacy calls to tell me my Lisinopril has been re-filled and is ready for pickup. I don't recognize that number, either. Maybe I just don't create enough contacts.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My pharmacy is automated, so it leaves a message (besides I recognize the number). Basically I answer calls from work or my kids. The rest go to voicemail and "I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Fred Couples said it best years ago: The problem with answering a phone is there's usually someone on the other end and they usually want to talk!

I dated a woman for a while who hated talking on the phone. It was all text/email. If the rest of the relationship worked that well, we might have ended up a hot item!

I'm a phone addict, I admit. With me always, checking it way too much. I just hate actually talking on the damn thing.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.